DSA through Sports
AHS SPORTS TALENT PROGRAMME
This programme focuses on providing talented student athletes with a holistic approach to sport. There are 2 support structures that enable student athletes to maximize their potential and excel to the best of their abilities.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON AHS SPORTS TALENT PROGRAMME
- The school, with its strong Sports Talent Programme, has consistently achieved top placings in the Zonal / National Inter-School Championships.
- As we place prime importance on a holistic education for our students, we are proud that we have good GCE ‘O’ Level trend results of 100% of DSA students being eligible for Junior Colleges and Polytechnics.
- AHS hosts the East Zone Centre of Excellence for Sports, which works closely with the various National Sports Associations in nurturing sporting talents.
AHS SPORTS SCHOLARSHIP
Students who have performed well in their PSLE and have achieved outstanding sport results will be eligible to apply for the AHS Sports Scholarship from Secondary One.
We are looking for Primary Six pupils who are talented and skilful in the following sports: Basketball, Table-Tennis, Badminton, Netball and Wushu to join us on our journey in pursuing Sporting and Academic Excellence.
Applicants must offer Chinese Language.
Parents and students are encouraged to choose schools wisely based on the student’s aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind the schools’ academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes available to develop the area of talent.
Information to take note:
- All applicants are required to attend a sport selection trial. Student can choose either one of the days to attend the selection trial.
- Be suitably attired for the sports trials.
- Bring along your own equipment, if necessary.
- Applicants are required to submit the completed downloaded Application Form to the teacher-in-charge on Selection Trial day. All details must be filled in. Please do not mail to the school.
- Applicant must offer Chinese Language.
Dates for Sport Selection Trial
SELECTION STAGE RESULTS
Applicants will receive their selection results from Anglican High School through post by 31 August 2018 if they are offered a Confirmed or Waiting placing.
EXERCISE SCHOOL PREFERENCE STAGE
Applicants who are given a “Confirmed Offer” and /or placed on the Waiting List will receive a School Preference Form through their primary schools in October. The School Preference Form will clearly indicate if the applicant has been given a “Confirmed Offer” or been placed on the Waiting List. DSA candidates can register their DSA-Sec School Preference(s) either at their primary school or via the online DSA-Sec Internet System (DSA-Sec IS).
RESULTS RELEASE STAGE
DSA-Sec candidates studying in mainstream primary schools will receive their DSA-Sec results together with their PSLE results through their primary schools on the day of the PSLE results release.
Successful DSA-Sec candidates will not be eligible to participate in the S1 Posting Exercise. To honour the commitment to the posted DSA school for the duration of the programme admitted to, successful candidates will not be allowed to transfer to another school after the release of the PSLE results.
For more information on DSA, please visit MOE DSA – Sec Website
For further enquiries, please call AHS at 62414866 (General Office) or email us at DSA2018@ahs.edu.sg